The top global business trends which are and will continue to impact businesses in 2024-2025 are the following:
- Implementation of immersive technologies like augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) as businesses work harder and smarter to attract and retain customers. 63% of businesses are focusing on customer experience above anything else through AI solutions.
Immersive technologies incorporate virtual elements of the environment for better customer interface, innovation and for replacing traditional operational practices. They are also helpful for better employee engagement and retention.
Pinterest is a good example of the usage of AR to give customers the ability to try out various personal and household products from their own homes rather than using standard pins.
It has been shown that in the retail sector, when consumers utilize AR to sample products, they are five times more likely to end up purchasing them vis-a-vis in-store customers.
- Automation and Robotics leading to lower costs for businesses and increased revenue; which is both an opportunity for businesses and a threat to employees. Big retailers like Walmart and Costco have already automated processes like self-checkout in their stores and other businesses are incorporating automation in the form of machine learning, process mining and low-code workflow platforms.
Likewise, Robotics is expected to infiltrate factories, offices, homes and stores in a big way in the next few years.
- The growth of e-commerce. In 2023, global e-commerce sales totaled $6.3 trillion and that number is expected to grow to $8.1 trillion in the next three years. Companies like Disney have decided to focus majorly on e-commerce and has closed sixty of its physical stores in the USA.
- The growth of Remote and Hybrid work with the expansion of monitoring technology in order to enhance worker productivity. Digitization has helped employees work remotely from anywhere and Digital Nomad Visas as well as various contract opportunities are helping businesses find the best candidates globally.
- The importance of social media in business marketing, especially the building of social communities as part of the overall social media strategy for businesses.
- Focus On Sustainability as consumers opt for products that reduce their environmental impact. In a survey done in the US, 50% of consumers said they were ready to pay more for sustainable goods and 62% said that they would change the way they shop to switch to sustainable products.
The rapid movement towards sustainability has also led to the rise of what is referred to as the Circular Economy, which involves keeping raw materials as well as finished products in circulation for as long as possible.
- Businesses leaning towards Renewable energy as part of the larger movement of Sustainability. Switching to renewable energy resources leads to greater profits, positive environmental impact and garnering a base of dedicated customers who are ecologically inclined.
- Focus on faster and more efficient delivery solutions. In the supply chain, the last-mile delivery accounts for the most expense to businesses and as faster shipping times become the norm for consumers, companies need to develop delivery solutions which are both quick and cost-efficient. The rise in drone usage is one way companies are looking to solve delivery hurdles.
To conclude, businesses will continue to invest heavily in technology and social media, cater more for consumer sentiment and consumer experience, opt for greater sustainability and hybrid and remote work and focus more on e-commerce solutions in the next few years.